Toxic Black Mold Removal Tips

Mold removal

Black Mold

Black mold is a type of fungus that grows in areas that have moisture, darkness and are poorly ventilated. Black mold can be very harmful to your health. It can cause headaches, fatigue, mouth soreness, chronic coughing, vomiting, and bleeding. Furthermore, it can grow in your lungs and cause the immune system to break down. Therefore, it is imperative for you to learn these tips for removing black mold.

Black Mold

Black molds can appear as either black or green “develops” on window sills in kitchen, bathrooms and basement areas. This is because these areas are prone to conditions which favor their growth. However, it can grow anywhere that meets the right requirements. Household mold can thrive in any damp, dark, steamy spots, attics, or crowded storage spaces both outdoors and indoors. Backyard sheds and garages are also ideal breeding grounds because of their exposure to rain or snow; It’s a good idea to inspect such areas frequently.

Complications

The mold removal process can appear to be straightforward, but you should be aware that mold can attack you silently. When cleaning, the mold will release its spores without you noticing. Releasing spores will ensure that after the cleanup, the mold will grow somewhere else. These spores can be very toxic and can spread quickly by attaching itself to human beings or animals. Wind can also carry spores. If you happen to leave your windows or doors open, it can easily gain entrance and set up residence in your house.

Doing It Yourself

You can remove small patches of the black mold by treating it with bleach. First, you need to identify the cause. Most of them grow as a result of drips or leaks from plumbing problems. Rectify the cause of the leaks to make ensure it does not grow back. Add one cup of bleach to a gallon of water in a bucket. You can add a detergent to get rid of grease and any dirt that might be present. Apply the mixture to the area and leave if for at least 15 minutes to soak the black molds and disinfect the area. When cleaning up molds, make sure to protect your eyes with goggles, prevent inhalation by using a respiratory mask, put on gloves to protect your skin. You should take more care when drying it up. Dried molds are riskier because they can quickly release spores when scratched. Do not take your health for granted. Chlorine bleach is not useful in killing the black mold because it is not powerful enough to destroy its roots. Therefore it is better to use new products available on the market. These products not only remove it but also destroy the nutrients necessary for its survival. Mold patches that cover an area of three feet or more require Professional mold inspection and mold remediation.

Hire Professionals

Hire a professional mold inspector if you suspect there’s mold growing in hidden places such as inside the walls. You want to prevent diseases and high hospital bills. The inspector will access the conditions of your roof, pipes, walls and air conditioners. The inspector will be able to offer a permanent solution. If the inspector finds a significant mold infestation, your best course of action will be to hire a mold remediation contractor to come in and make your home safe again. Mold poses a serious health problem, so we have to take proper measures. Clean your house regularly and keep moisture at bay. Prevention is better than cure.…